Norton Mounted Points 86A – Shape A8 (20x80mm) – 66253055308
The Norton vitrified mounted points range provides quality and efficiency in grinding operations. The high quality grain ensures a perfect surface finish with metallographic integrity. For small jobs or high volume foundry and casting operations, or for tool room or aerospace industry applications, Norton vitrified mounted points cut cooler, and provide up to 30% higher metal removal rates.
Highly refined pink aluminium oxide abrasive
• Friable grain for good cutting performance
• Long lasting profile tool
• Versatile for large variety of steels
• Reduced dress frequency
For best mounted point performance, always run the mounted point at the maximum allowable speed according to ANSI B7.1.
Refer to the speed chart included in each shipment for proper operating speeds.
• Use “A” shapes for medium- to heavy-duty blending.
• Use “B” shapes for light deburring and finishing/polishing.
• Use “W” shapes for offhand and precision grinding of medium to heavy stock.
• Use 36 grit and coarser for rough grinding.
• Use 60 and 90 grits for imparting fine finishes or when grinding on narrow surfaces.